Changes to this Policy
This version was last updated on May 14, 2021. In all things, we constantly aim to do the right thing and always seek to improve. If we need to update this policy, we will do so to be more clear, open, and honest with you. Such modification will be effective upon its posting to our website; it is therefore important that you review this policy regularly.
Personal Data We Collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. Personal information does not include anonymous data, or data where the identity of the individual has been irretrievably removed.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, salutation, company name, and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data processed through a third party payment processor (please see online payment information below).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us, and payments processed in connection with the use of the Services.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, your login data, browser type, language and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our app, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How we collect personal information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Create an account;
- Conduct a search;
- Update or add information to your account;
- Respond to surveys;
- Post to community forums;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Use other features of the Services.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers, such as Google Analytics and Email Service Providers (based outside the EU);
- advertising networks, such as Google Display Network, Bing Display Network and Facebook Audience Network (based outside the EU); and
- search information providers, such as Google and Bing (both based outside the EU).
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services (based outside the EU).
- Identity and Contact Data from social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and Facebook (based outside the EU).
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
Purpose of Processing and Legal Basis
We will only collect and process your personal data when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way; or
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Marketing--with your permission:
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about JuJu products and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by JuJu.
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving text message, they can text STOP to opt out.
Users can delete their site account and all related personal information from our system by logging into My Account HERE and clicking “Delete Account” from the left tool bar. Next, click the “Delete my account” button to confirm, and your information will be removed from our e-commerce platform.
How we share your personal information
At times JuJu will need to share your personal data in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with our customer.
For example, service providers may help us with:
- information processing,
- extending credit,
- fulfilling customer orders,
- delivering products to you,
- managing and enhancing customer data,
- providing customer service, advertising, or payment services,
- assessing your interest in our products and services, and
- conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever JuJu operates. Personal information will only be shared by JuJu to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
In addition, we may share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for JuJu to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
JuJu websites, products, emails, and services may also contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
To make an online payment by direct debit or payment card, users will remain on JuJu.com but the payment data will be directed to a third-party payment processor, authorize.net.
We offer the use of Amazon Pay, Paypal,and Apple Pay for all of our products and services. These payment gateway service providers provide payment processing on our behalf and under contract. JuJu does not process or store any payment information. Further information about the collection and use of your data will be provided on the relevant payment gateway for you.
Data Security and Access
JuJu takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We have put in place appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to JuJuemployees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. For example, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
When you use some JuJu services, or post on a JuJu forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13 years of age, and we never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 16 years of age without parental consent. No part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13 years old.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
JuJu makes it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. You can also change your mind at any time about how we contact you or ask us to stop contacting you altogether.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You have the following rights with respect to personal information:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transfer this information to a third party (where technically feasible);
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions of personal information we hold about you;
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you;
- To object to the processing of your data;
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records;
- To opt out of being solicited by JuJu or third parties.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request about your data, at info@JuJuEnergy.com. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Note, however, that these are not an absolute rights. We can refuse to erase personal data which we need to keep (i) to comply with a legal obligation; and (ii) in relation to the exercise or defense of any legal claims. Please note, upon a request for erasure, we may also keep a minimal amount of personal data on an in-house marketing suppression file in order to comply with a request not to receive marketing.
Cookies and Other Technologies
California Privacy Rights
JuJu Performance Labs, LLC. P.O. Box 292543, Los Angeles CA 90029-7543
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns beforehand, so please contact us in the first instance.